Description

How I turned lead into gold.
This blog is a personal account of my journey into motherhood. It about my daughters Bella's life and how I handled her death. As well as my personal healing from grief and my journey forward into my next pregnancy.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

All you need is Love- The spreading of Bella's ashes


So there We are heading towards the beach in Daytona, Florida where we planned to spread Bella's ashes. We chose a spot that Vince and I had our first kiss under a full moon and the same spot we got engaged. It was right on the beach across from this restaurant called the Ocean Deck where they play live music you can hear from the beach.

We headed towards the restaurant to have a Valentine's Day meal before we spread Bella's ashes in the ocean. We picked Valentine's Day the night of the full moon February 14, 2014 to spread her ashes. The significance being it was her due date, she's our love child, and there was a full moon the night before she was born.

Walking down the beach towards the restaurant We saw lots of lights, a stage and what looked like a lot of people. I wasn't so sure about it. I wanted it to be quiet and peaceful. I recognized that I created this and so I decided to explore and discover what was ahead. As we keep walking closer get up to the stage we realize there is a Beatles Cover Band called The Cavern playing a concert on the beach! We had chosen the Beatles song, "All you need is Love" for our family song to remind us of Bella and what she has taught us every time we hear it. What a perfect happenstance.

We had dinner with my sister Gretchen at the restaurant and then promptly went out to the beach to hear the band play.

They were amazing! They stayed in character and actually sounded and acted like the Beatles. They were from Liverpool England and were absolutely Amazing!!! We danced on the beach waiting for them to play "our song" enjoying the tunes, the full moon and the company!

 It was getting late, close to midnight so we headed out to the beach to spread her ashes, We get out to the water and stand there listening to the music, dancing and kinda stalling. Suddenly they started playing "All you need is love" We smiled and cried and danced in the moon light, holding Bella's ashes and each other, dancing one last time with her as we had done in the hospital almost a month earlier.

Towards the end of the song we spread her ashes in the ocean waves and said our "goodbyes." As we start walking away the band starts playing and we hear, "I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello! Hello, hello! I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello!" Yes our Daughter has a great sense of humor! We laughed and cried and laughed some more.

We couldn't be more proud of our hilarious daughter and how funny life and the universe can be! The magic is always there, we just have to be willing to see it! We love you all! Thank you for all your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment