Description

How I turned lead into gold.
This blog is a personal account of my journey into motherhood. It about my daughters Bella's life and how I handled her death. As well as my personal healing from grief and my journey forward into my next pregnancy.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What Story do you Choose?


Your story, my story, Everybody has one. What is that story that we tell ourselves every day? It's the "I can do", or "I'm not that good at...", it's a game we play everyday. It's the definitions that we identify with. "I am a mother." I am a daughter." "I work at..." I like to.." We all choose one way or another the story we tell ourselves and others. When I could chose to tell people that I come from a family of 7, I could also identify with being the the second oldest, or a newlywed or a new mom. We could choose other things to tell, other truths, other viewpoints because we have our own individual perspective. No matter what, it is my responsibility for what I say right? I choose. Yes, I choose what story I am going to tell. I choose the words that are coming out of my mouth. It's a choice. I choose my truth. I choose my story.

I choose to tell my story from my heart. I know what is in my heart. I know my heart is filled with love. I know that I get to choose what pieces I portray what visual I paint. I know that even though my ego, my mother identity, can't believe that I failed at having a live child in my heart I know it is divine, it's meant to be. It's her story. I could tell you about how sad I am how much grief I feel. I'm done with that story. If I am the one telling the story, I want it to be a good one.

I am a proud mother. That was our intention in having her, to share love and light. I know in my heart that I have succeeded in having a daughter that is beautiful, that has moved on from this physical existence because she didn't need her body anymore. I succeed in having a wonderful time pampering this child in the womb, loving someone so beautiful and mysterious that grew inside my body. I have the privilege of telling Bella's story not just mine.

The past is gone, I can remember and commemorate it any way I want.  A talk by Harry Palmer called Impressions inspired me to tell my story the way that I have.
I tell our story to give my daughter the opportunity to let the world know how awesome she is. How magical her life was. To honor her. This is our story. I am mindful of that when I talk about her.

Tell your story from your heart. Look at your past with your heart and tell your story from that space. Do it for the people you love. Do it for yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment